Before your photoshoot I would like you to think about the style of photos that like.
Are you after flowing dresses, silhouettess, nude, underwear shots or a mix of all?
It's your photoshoot, so I want you to be comfortable and have fun.
If you have a cultural dress that you would like to wear or a theme you would like to explore please let me know. I love coming up with new ideas and am always happy to try new things.
I also have a selection of accesories at the studio from Indian sarees to African beaded jewellery
Please let me know when you book your photoshoot if you would like your parter or any children to attend, so we can discuss their clothing, as we want it to compliment the look that you are after.
If you bring your family you will still have plenty of photos on your own as the main focus is you and your beautiful bump!
Screen shot this list or better still add it to your bookmarks on your phone so you can make sure you don't forget anything.
- Black, white and Nude underwear (Bra and Knickers). As some of the dresses are slightly sheer we want to ensure that your underwear does not show through with my camera lighting. Try not to bring "big kickers" as these can also show through too much. Feel free to also bring a tight slip. We may or may not use it.
- Nude underwear means to your skin tone. There are some great websites that have "nude" options for all skin colours.
- Strapless bras are useful
- Nails. Please have nude / neutral nail varnish without any chips. Bright nails / coloured or bright white french tips can disctract from the bump and your face so try and be neutral with them. Please also avoid glitter. This is the same with feet.
- Hair and Make up. You should arrive at the studio with this already done. Have your make up done more than you would do normally, so it creates a more glamerous look. With bare make up the skin can look "washed out" under my studio lights. Same goes with your hair. Feel free to send me a photos of yourself so I can advise.
-Hair. Do try and do more than you normally would do. Some of my clients find that hair extensions/ clips can give a more glamerous look.
-Avoid highlighters on your face as these create too much shine with my studio lighting.
-Bring your make up bag and hair brush/ comb to allow for any touch-ups.
- Feel free to bring any statement jewellery - we may or may not use it.
- Heels. You wont be walking in them so if you can bring a black pair and some others then please do so. We may/ may not use them.
- Your own clothes. Please discuss this with me prior to the photoshoot.
Click on the questions below...
Do you have outfits for me to wear?
I have a wide range of dresses, wraps and accessories at the studio to ensure we get the right look for your photoshoot. I am always happy to take sugestions, so if you have an particular outfit in mind we can discuss that at your pre-shoot consultation call.
How many outfits can I wear
Your photoshoot is an hour long and in that time you can expect to have approximately 5/6 outfits. I work quite quickly to ensure that you have a good range of different looks but I will ask you to let me know your 5 favouite looks (from my website only) so I can see your tastes.
I don't like how I look/ I have stretch marks?
Every pregnant woman that has come into my studio has said the same thing. Every pregnant woman has said they have a part of their body they dont like. My job is to make you feel and look wonderful. Plus if you really wamt me to I can tone down blemishes and stretch marks.
I don't want to show too much skin? is that ok?
Everyone is different and that's what your Maternity photoshoot is tailored just to you. For religious reasons or just personal preference I can supply you outfits that cover, whilst highlighting the pregnancy and still making you look amazing! Before your pregnancy shoot we can have a chat and run through any questions or concearns that you may have. But like I said, this is your photoshoot and a time for you to shine.
Hair and Make up
Due to covid restrictions I am not having Hair and Make up artists in my studio and so ask that you come with you hair and make up done prior to the photoshoot. I do have the name and nmber of one MUA should you need it. Please read the list above for guidance on hair and make up looks
I have a cultural dress that I would like to incorporate. is that ok?
Yes is is. I love to do different looks and to include heritage items. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do when we have a chat about your photoshoot
Can my Partner/ Children be in the photo?
The main focus of the photoshoot will be you but partners and children can be included. I can run through clothing options for them once you have booked. Due to covid amd space restrictions I would ask that only household members attend
How long do I need to wait to see my photos?
Following your photoshoot I will start editing your photos to get them to the high standard that you have seen in my Maternity gallery. This process takes 2-3 weeks. You will then be invited back to the studio to view and choose your photos. Any digital photos that you choose will be supplied to you on USB at your viewing session.
What happens with the free newborn /baby photoshoot
As a special limited time offer to my Maternity clients I am offering a Free Newborn or Baby photoshoot. This is a free session and includes one free digital image. There is no monetory exchange for this should you decide not to use it. The offer cannot be used once your baby is more than 6-7 months old.
Do you use my photos for promotional work?
From time-to-time I update my website and my social media with client photos that I have taken. Please do say if you do not want your photos on my website. I also enter my best photos into monthly professional photography competitions. If your photo wins or comes in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you will receive a free print of the winning image. By booking with me you agree to this, unless you tell me otherwise.